2015年5月15日金曜日

Essay 1-03: My Hometown




Hi there! Today, I want to introduce my hometown. I was born in Arao in 1994, but I live in Kumamoto city now. I have been living in Kumamoto prefecture for 21 years. Do you know where Kumamoto prefecture is? Kumamoto city is in the Kyushu region. There are 74 million people in Kumamoto city. There are a lot of famous places in Kumamoto city, too, such as Kumamoto Castle, Mt. Aso, Fujisaki shrine, Suizenji Park, Ezu Lake, and Kumamoto Station, which are all very famous places.

 

Kumamoto city is called “Water and the forest city”. In 2012, Kumamoto city was authorized to be an ordinance-designated city.

Kumamoto Castle was built in 1604, and it was built by Kato Kiyomasa. People living in Kumamoto speak Kumamoto dialect. It’s very interesting. By the way, have you ever eaten horse meat? What do you think about horse meat? It’s very yummy and healthy. Also, mustard lotus-root is very delicious. I don’t like it because it’s too spicy. Kumamoto’s vegetables (for example; tomatoes, watermelons, green peppers, spinaches, and the others) are very fresh and delicious.

 

             There was a municipal of the prefecture department store, but it closed on February 28th, in 2015. I was very shocked because I liked the department store very much. But there is a department store in Kumamoto city. It is Tsuruya. There are a lot of clothes, watches, food, jewelries, bags, cosmetics, flowers, restaurants, and the others. There is a beer garden in Tsuruya, too. But I have never been there.

              Do you know Kumamon? Kumamon is a mascot character in Kumamoto city. It is very strange, but it is very cute. Did you understand about Kumamoto’s history? If you come to Kumamoto city, I will tell you where to go. I look forward to coming you to Kumamoto someday.

I like my hometown very much because Kumamoto city is a very nice place to live.

(326/1629)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿